Partial began with a simple goal: More art on more walls.
Proudly Canadian, we’re a marketplace where as an art collector, you can discover your next favourite artist and as an artist, you can be introduced to a new, engaged audience of collectors.
And, we want to make it as easy and, just as importantly, as fun as possible for art collectors to access great works of art and for artists to discover new audiences and a welcoming home for their creations.
Here’s how we do this…
For Art Collectors, Partial offers:
• A curated and easy to navigate platform to discover new artists & communicate directly with them on our platform.
• A bi-weekly newsletter with artists information, staff picks and news & events from across the arts world.
• Artists-hosted events and talks to learn more about the artistic process.
• A free art consultation process to help you hone your style and select the piece (s) right for you and your space. • An opportunity to support Canadian artists; both established and emerging.
For Artists, Partial offers:
• A tiered membership, allowing you to choose the level that suits your current artistic stage. To learn more here (link to artists membership tiers).
• A curated list of important and relevant news, including grants and funding information on an ongoing basis.
• Quarterly business sessions to help you grow your business (topics to cover financial advice, marketing, e-commerce, etc.)
• Quarterly information sessions with established artists/special guests including museum curators, artists, gallery owners.
How Partial came to be...our backstory
In 2016, Tammy Yiu, a graphic designer and former founder/creative director of a homegrown fashion brand, was helping a friend solve a problem; what to hang art on her walls? So, Tammy lent her friend a piece of art. Tammy’s friend, a creative person in her own right, just didn’t have the time, patience or access to what she wanted. And, this got Tammy thinking – how many other people out there want art, and just can’t access it? So, with this, Partial was born.
Now, five years later, Partial has a staff of 5, 400 plus artists and an ever growing number of collectors, with plans to expand beyond its homebase of Toronto.
You can work with us to find the right pieces for your home or your office. And, we offer trade access as well.
We also have partnerships with art and design colleges across Canada, including Canada’s largest art and design university, OCAD University who partnered with Partial to showcase their student and alumni works of art. In 2020, our year one pilot, 433 pieces of artwork were uploaded from 30 handpicked artists made up of current students and OCAD alumni. It generated over 1M views and $12K in artwork sales alone. We’re happy to say this partnership is still going strong!
Partial is established on the traditional territory of the Wendat, the Anishnaabeg, Haudenosaunee, Métis, and the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation. We acknowledge them and any other Nations who care for the land (acknowledged and unacknowledged, recorded and unrecorded) as the past, present and future caretakers of this land named Tkaronto, “Where The Trees Meet The Water”; “The Gathering Place”.
Indigenous peoples have stewarded this land for 15,000 years and continue to do so today. We recognize that this gathering place is the subject of the One Dish, One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant – an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and Confederacy of the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes.