Partial began with a simple goal: To bring more original Canadian art onto more walls – directly from the artists that made it. We believe that if quality work had a platform that made discovering art more accessible, more folks would be able to acquire it, and more emerging, Canadian, and BIPOC artists would be able to sustainably create their work.
Our art platform and marketplace is a destination for art collectors to discover outstanding emerging and established artists, and for artists to be introduced to a new, engaged audience of collectors and art enthusiasts while also further establishing their careers.
Established in 2016, Partial now proudly showcases the work of hundreds of talented artists, thousands of original art pieces, and welcomes an ever growing number of seasoned collectors, interior design and set professionals, commercial clients, and folks buying their very first original piece of art.
"Canadian art" should be reflective of its creators – dynamic, diverse, and inclusive. As part of our commitment to spotlighting exciting work by all artists, Partial is committed to elevating BIPOC artists and donating 1% of all art sales and rentals to The Indigenous Curatorial Collective.
We look forward to helping you grow your art collection at Partial.
For Art Collectors, Partial offers:
• A curated and easy to navigate platform to discover new artists & communicate directly with them on our platform
• The Curator's Club newsletter with artist features, staff picks and news & events from across the arts world
• Artist-hosted events and talks to learn more about their artistic process
• A personalized Art Advisory service to help you hone your style and select the piece(s) right for you and your space
• An opportunity to support Canadian artists; both established and emerging
For Artists, Partial offers:
• A tiered membership, allowing you to choose the level that suits your current artistic stage. To learn more, click here.
• A curated list of important and relevant news, including grants and funding information on an ongoing basis
• Business sessions to help you grow your business
• Information sessions with established artists/special guests including museum curators, artists, gallery owners
Partial is established on the traditional territory of the Wendat, the Anishnaabeg, Haudenosaunee, Métis, and the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation. We acknowledge them and any other Nations who care for the land (acknowledged and unacknowledged, recorded and unrecorded) as the past, present and future caretakers of this land named Tkaronto, “Where The Trees Meet The Water”; “The Gathering Place”.
Indigenous peoples have stewarded this land for 15,000 years and continue to do so today. We recognize that this gathering place is the subject of the One Dish, One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant – an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and Confederacy of the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes.